Thursday, April 06, 2006

Good news, I completed my paralegal course, with flying colors! I should have my certificate this week. I know it doesn't sound like a GREAT accomplishment or anything but it was harder for me this time, since I have not been in school for over 20 years. So, it's a HUGE deal for me. Now, on to my bachelor's! Any advice on a good field to choose? I'd like to hear what y'all think a man that leaves prison should or would be interested in? I'll tell you all my thoughts afterwards.

I want to put to rest ALL the myths about prisoners prolonging their time by filing appeal after appeal after appeal. The simple fact of the matter is that the DA appeals issues that are frivolous that they KNOW they can't win as much as prisoners do. Also, some of us sit for decades waiting for one judge to decide the issues in our cases, fairly, only to discover that the judge has been swayed by politics and won't even follow the laws that he is supposed to uphold. There have been so many cases overturned in this state alone in the past five years because lower court judges were afraid or too biased to do their jobs properly and the Federal courts had to overturn their decisions. That happens all across the country. Exactly why does it take a judge five years to work on one case, only for him to adopt everything that the DA says in their briefs?? There have been men waiting ten years for one judge to work on their case. There are only a couple hundred Capital cases in PA, which are supposed to be "Priority" in the courts since someone's life is at stake and there is so much money and politics involved. No one judge ever has more than five, maybe ten in his court at once. If that many. So, why does it take soooooo long for them to work on them? If you took five years at your job to do ANYTHING, you'd be fired, a month into it! If not a day or week!

Luckily again, we are in the good ole USA and we have a system of checks and balances.

Keep on rumbling!! Later y'all...

5 Comments:

Blogger Virgin said...

Press onward, press onward and trust in the Lord.

Remember the promises proclaimed in his word

He guided the footpaths, directed the paths

Of all who confess him , believe and you'll make it.

..................................

When God acquits, who can condemn?
..................................

9:41 AM  
Blogger Etrangère said...

congratulations on finishing!
Finding out what you really really want to do is a long process...I spent two years in a program I hated and finally admitted it wasn't for me...back to the drawing board...I'm starting a distance learning course in something completely different in the fall!

Ever take a Myers Briggs test? It looks at different areas of your personality and you can find suggestions for different careers based on your personality type...suggestions mind you...that program I did...the career its for shows up for me every time!

Best of luck

6:37 AM  
Blogger The Kozak's Daughter said...

Heyyy, a personality test....good idea! Bro, when you get back into Greene I'm totally hooking you up with one of those. Remind me.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Stranger,

You probably don't remember me, but then again, you never know. Anyway, it's Bobbie from Masterman and I wanted to let you know that you were in my thoughts. I have come across so many of your writings and just wanted to say HEY. It's been over 20 years since I've last seen you. But every year on June 24, I think of you (we share the same birthday). I was totally in love with you in the 6th grade (that is until you left me for Pam);). Anyway, take care and keep writing!!!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bobbie huh? Naw, I don't remember you! I never knew any girls named Bobbie! SIKE! The only Bobbie that I know never gave me the time of day. I wanted her but she was not having it. We were young then, so maybe I didn't know what to look for anyway? I liked Bobbie too. In fact, I asked about her a few years ago. Some of the gang from Masterman put together a reunion and they had it at a restaurant. Meril, Keith and a few of the others were all there. I called and talked to them all, so I was there too! :) This is what I recall about Bobbie. She was always a little bit more mature than the rest of us. If my memory is still sharp, I recall a few other things too about you but I'll have to tell you them another time, if possible? Now, I only know one Bobbie, her name used to be Bobbie Pugh. I think that's how she spelled it? If you are not her, Sorrreeeee! My only excuse would be time and plenty of tramatic situations have made my memory falter? :) If you are that Bobbie, I can truly say that I had you on my mind for alotta years. I asked about you several times over the years to people that I thought might have known something about you. Hold up, you have read my writings before? I've been on the net for a minute, why haven't you contacted me dierctly? Married with children or just don't want to be bothered? Well, I can truly understand both. I am the same way, no time for nonsense. Thank you for thinking of me and you are in my prayers also, whichever Bobbie you may be. Totally in love with me huh? I left you for Pam? I was a little scoundrel wasn't I? You live and you learn.
Peace to you...Osiris...

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home